Stone's Stone Lab experience

Friday, July 07, 2006

Course Wrap-up


The final day of the course included a trip to Terwilliger's Pond where we learned a bit about pond ecosystems. We waded through the muck to collect invertebrates and look at different pond plants. We also caught site of this strange-looking bird. Someone identified it, but I can't remember what it was called now...


Then it was time to review for the final exam. The final consisted of 3 parts: a lab practical, a statistical portion, and a written portion. So there was plenty of studying to do... but I did most of it sitting on the west end of Gibralter watching this sunset! Not a bad way to spend my time...


Overall, the course was challenging, but very enjoyable. We had a great group of people taking the course who were hard-working but a lot of fun! I look forward to taking my next course, which is Stream Ecology. I leave on Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home